E12 - Family of Ketovores
Colt and Taylor discuss what it means to be a Ketovore, why our family eats so much meats, practical takeaways and three recipes for you to try today!
00:23 What is a Ketovore?
04:10 Supplement recommendations for those who do not eat meat.(1)
05:11 Vitamin B12 Deficiency Study.(2)
06:19 Health benefits of creatine.(3)
07:06 Zinc's crucial roles in metabolic and hormonal health.(4)
08:25 Overview of our staple main dishes, sides, and snacks.
10:10 Keto Carole's influence and inspiration for our family to embrace the ketogenic lifestyle.(5)
13:50 KETO BRICKS (www.ketobrick.com / IG: @ketobrick)
16:18 RECIPE #1: Chicken Thighs.
18:57 RECIPE #2: Buffalo Cauliflower Bites.
21:56 RECIPE #3: Low Carb Lemon Poppyseed Muffins.
25:10 Three books you need to read on the Keto and Carnivore Diets:
- The Carnivore Diet by Shawn Baker, MD
- Keto-Adapted Performance Manual by Robert Sikes
- Why We Get Sick by Benjamin Bikman
Studies and sources referenced:
1. G Cavallini, S. Caracciolo, G. Vitali, F. Modenini, and G. Biagiotti. "Carnitine Versus Androgen Administration in the Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction, Depressed Mood, and Fatigue Associated with Male Aging." Urology 63, no. 4 (2004): 641-6.
2. R. Pawlak, S. J. Parrott, S. Raj, D. Cullum-Dugan, and D. Lucas. "How Prevalent Is Vitamin B12 Deficiency Among Vegetarians." Nutrition Reviews 71. no. 2 (2013): 110-17
3. R. Smith, A. Agharkar, and E. Gonzales. "A Review of Creatine Supplementation in Age-Related Diseases: More than a Supplement for Athletes." F1000Research 3, no. 222 (2014). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4304302/
4. M. Soinio, J. Marniemi, M. Laakso, K. Pyorala, S. Lehto, and T. Ronnemaa. "Serum Zinc Level and Coronary Heart Disease Events in patients with Type 2 Diabetes." DiabetesCare 30, no. 3 (2007): 523-8.
5. C. Freeman. "E5 - Carole Freeman on Changing Women's Lives with the Ketogenic Diet." The Supersetyourlife.com Podcast (2020) https://supersetyourlife.com/blogs/podcast/e5-carole-freeman-on-changing-womens-lives-with-the-ketogenic-diet