Enjoy your steak every day cold or heated up alongside sweet potatoes and veggies, tossed into a salad, or, of course, into an egg scramble!
We always cook a couple New York or other higher-quality cuts along with the steaks that will be prepped to have for dinner.
- Six (6) pounds lean steak: I use “choice rump roast” from B&E Meats and Seafood in New Castle, WA. It’s grass-fed, reasonably priced, and surprisingly tender. Be sure to ask them to tenderize it.
- Lime juice
- 100% olive oil spray
- Montreal steak seasoning
- Marinate the steaks by pouring lime juice on top, followed by a light spray of olive oil and Montreal steak season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 450 deg.
- Heat up two large cast-iron skillets on stovetop.
- Sear steaks for two minutes on each side, then bake for two minutes.
- Remove steaks from oven and wrap in tin foil. Let sit for five minutes to finish.
- Chop the steaks into pieces and let them cool down before placing them into Tupperware.
Per 5oz portion of steak: 272.1 Cal / 41.7g protein / 0g carbs / 11.7g fat
Makes about 15 servings.