Lemon Poppyseed Sweet Potatoes
As a child, I had a deep affection for lemon poppyseed muffins, as well as lemon poppyseed bread. I created this recipe as a bodybuilding-friendly alternative to a favorite sweet treat of many.
Giving up your favorite sweets to design a healthier lifestyle is much easier when you can replace them with whole, natural foods taste like desserts.
- 10 lbs. Murasaki Sweet Potatoes*
- Lemon juice
- Vodka or whisky (optional)
- Ginger powder
- Pink Himalayan Salt
*This specific species of sweet potato is a must for this recipe. They can be found at Trader Joe's and run a little higher in price than orange sweet potatoes, but they're well worth the money.
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the sweet potatoes on pieces of parchment paper on baking sheets and bake for about an hour, or until all of the sweet potatoes are soft to the touch.
- Let the sweet potatoes cool down, then cube them all with a large, sharp knife and place back on the baking sheets.
- Cover them liberally with lemon juice. Add vodka or whisky if desired. Don't worry--the alcohol cooks out but the flavor will remain!
- Apply ginger powder, poppyseeds, and a little pink Himalayan salt to taste.
- Bake again for 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the pans, let them cool, and sort into evenly-weighed meal prep containers.
Per 6oz serving: 122.2 Cal / 3.1g pro / 27g carbs / 0.2g fat
Makes about 18 servings.