Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
"Too good to be true," you ask? It's as incredible as it sounds. As with most of our sweet potato recipes, I am eating this exact recipe and sipping bourbon (neat of course) as I type this.
This dessert was created after I began consuming sweet potatoes exclusively as my only carb source, and is one of the reasons I have no desire for any other types of carbs. You can't beat the simplicity, the nutritional value, and the MIND-BLOWING flavor combinations!
- 5 lbs. white sweet potatoes
- 5 lbs. orange sweet potatoes
- Cheap bourbon (save your top-shelf bourbons for sipping--chill bro, you're only cooking with this one)
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Chopped strawberries and fat-free Greek Yogurt (optional)
- A high-quality small-batch bourbon such as Maker's 46 to compliment this bodybuilder's dessert (NOT OPTIONAL)
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the sweet potatoes on pieces of parchment paper on baking sheets and bake for about an hour, or until all of the sweet potatoes are soft to the touch.
- Let the sweet potatoes cool down, then cube them all with a large, sharp knife and place back on the baking sheets.
- Cover them liberally with bourbon. Don't worry, the alcohol cooks out but the flavor remains!
- Apply cinnamon, poppyseeds, and sprinkle pink Himalayan salt to taste.
- Bake again for 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the pans, let them cool, and sort into evenly-weighed meal prep containers.
- (Optional) Top with fat-free Greek Yogurt and chopped strawberries.
- Kick back and enjoy with a high-quality bourbon, preferably with a sweeter profile such as Maker's 46. Close your eyes and meditate on the antioxidants, digestive benefits, and relaxing nature of the whisky. Oh, and thank God that we live in a free country and we can eat whatever we want, even if it's a weird food combination. Cheers.
Per 6oz serving: 122.2 Cal / 3.1g pro / 27g carbs / 0.2g fat
Makes about 18 servings.